For a large number of men, shaving is an important part of their daily routine. A good shave cleans up the face and acts as a confidence booster to start the day.
Pre-shave oil is a special oil used on the face before shaving cream, soap, or gel is applied. The pre-shave oil is the smart choice for a man looking to prioritize efficiency without adding any shave time.
Your average pre-shave oil works just like a shaving brush. A few drops of natural, lubricating olive oil just glides over your pores. This eliminates the need to unnecessarily drag a razor across your face.
Now can olive oil be used as pre-shave oil?
Yes, olive oil can be used as a pre-shave oil. Olive oil will help hydrate the skin and soften the hair follicles before shaving. This will enable the razor to share smoother. Firstly, cover the area you’re planning to shave with a few drops of olive oil. Let it soak for a minute or two before you begin shaving.
Natural pre-shave oils like olive oil will make your skin more manageable. Read on to learn more.
Can Olive Oil be used as Pre-Shave Oil?
The average shaving cream irritates the skin after a shave. Using shaving cream for a long time weakens the pores and makes the outer layers less responsive.
In addition to that, itchy red lumps appear, almost like your skin is trying to tell you “stop using this product”.
Disadvantages Of Shaving Creams
- Toxins: Our skin is a large and porous organ. As such, anything absorbed through our skin goes directly into our bloodstream.
- Your Skin Is Weakened: Continuous usage of shaving creams weakens the skin, affecting its elasticity and clogging the pores.
Why You Should Shave With Olive Oil
- Cheaper Than the Average Shaving Cream: Olive oil is less expensive than most shaving cream brands on the market. A large bottle of olive oil dedicated to shaving will last you a full year. This will save you a hell of a lot of money compared to buying numerous cans of shaving cream each year, especially when accounting for the quantity contained in a standard bottle.
- Protect Your Skin: Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. This not only provides anti-aging benefits but helps restore skin smoothness.
In addition, it doesn’t clog your pores as it penetrates deeply into your skin while providing a cleansing effect.
- Cleaner Shaving Experience: Shaving with olive oil is faster and so much cleaner. No chemical goo is produced like conventional shaving creams.
- Possesses Anti-Oxidants: Olive oil is loaded with skin-friendly antioxidants such as vitamin E to combat wrinkles, aging, and inflammation.
Possesses Moisturizing Property: Olive oil functions as a great moisturizer, perfect for dry skin. As a result of this moisturizing effect, you won’t get razor burns, you will also get fewer cuts because you have coated your face with oil, over which the blade glides.
- Organic/Eco-friendly: Instead of wondering about what plant extracts are present in your shaving cream, you’re shaving with it. As an added advantage, olive oil is safe for the environment (no canned packaging, no chemical goo mixed with the water runoff).
On a final note, shave gel or cream should always be used in conjunction with a pre-shave oil. Good shaving cream is also an important component of your shaving routine.
Olive oil is the more sensible choice for the modern shaving man. It costs less, and proper application will leave you with great-looking skin.
Can I Apply Olive Oil on My Pubic Area?
Yes, you can apply small amounts of extra virgin olive oil in your pubic area because it’s safe.
Do this as often as needed to protect and moisturize the skin or pubic area.
The good thing about olive oil is that it also helps to decrease irritation around your pubic area.
Does Shaving with Olive Oil Prevent Razor Bumps?
Yes, olive oil can help to prevent razor bumps. Shaving with olive oil can significantly help prevent razor bumps while shaving. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and nourishing for the skin, which comes in handy when used for shaving.
Additionally, using olive oil for shaving is quite easy because all you have to do is simply wash your face, apply the oil, and start shaving.