Looking for the best shaver for black with sensitive skin? Men with dark complexion have specific shaving needs, and using the right shaver is essential to avoid skin irritation. To help you out I review here the top 3 shavers online.
Philips Norelco Shaver 7300 for Sensitive Skin, S7370/87
The Philips Shaver 7300 series have been designed to provide a clean and comfortable shave.
Unlike other shavers, these are made specifically for black men with sensitive skin, ensuring a smooth finish and no rashes or irritation.
- Smart Clean System: the Smart Clean System uses a dual filtration system to clean gel, foam, and hair. Its formula is free of alcohol and has been developed for men with sensitive skin.
- Comfort Rings technology minimizes friction, and its proprietary micro bead design allows the shaver to pass over your skin without causing irritation.
- DynamicFlex Technology: each shaving head moves in five directions so it follows your neck and face’s curves. This allows the 7300 shavers to remove hair in hard to reach areas.
- Accurate Blades: the 7300 cut hair using the most appropriate position, ensuring smooth results.
- AquaTec Technology: this feature allows you to shave the way you want. Whether you prefer a wet shave with foam and gel or a dry shave, the results are the same.
- Quiet operation
- Quality design and construction
- Very comfortable for close shaves
- Razors and comfort ring heads are replaceable
- Travel case included
- One customer said it’s more effective for daily shaving than a 3-day stubble
- Another reviewer finds it too slow
Who is it Best For?
The 7300 is ideal for African American men, or any dark-complexioned man whose skin gets easily irritated.
Friction is reduced and follows your facial contours well. The 7300 is also for those who prefer a smooth finish without taking too much time shaving. While it is most ideal for black men, any man of any skin color can use it and achieve satisfactory results.
If your old razor is the cause of skin irritation or just doesn’t cut well, give the Philips 7300 a try as it provides good, clean shaving. The 7300 is one of the better shavers around and the number of positive reviews it’s getting says a lot about its quality.
Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5 Men’s Electric Razor
The Panasonic Arc5 comes with several features designed to produce a close, smooth shave that is also comfortable. The highlight is its 5 blade shaving mechanism for superior coverage, but it has more to offer.
- Nanotech blades are set at 30 degrees so it can cut along the root.
- The Arc5 has a very thin finishing foil designed to capture thin and short hairs.
- Move your finger and it will activate the precision trimmer, perfect for adding an edge to mustaches or sideburns. It’s also great for removing hair as you groom.
- The Arc5 blades float independently, and this allows the shaver to closely follow your face’s contours. The blades also allow for smooth shaving of your neck and chin.
- The shaver has a linear motor drive that runs at 14,000 cycles per minute, producing a smooth, fast shave. The motor also leads too quicker cuts for less pulling and irritation.
- The blades are stainless steel and hypoallergenic, and the foils ensure your skin reduces the possibility of skin redness.
- Great for smooth, close shaving
- Easy to clean
- Can be used for dry or wet shaving
- Durable construction
- Lifts short hair easily
- A little noisy
- The design may take some getting used to
Who is it Best For?
The Arc5 is best suited for black males who suffer from skin inflammation when shaving. This is also for men who want an easy to clean shaver that doesn’t leave any short hair behind.
The Arc5 is one of the best shavers that Panasonic has manufactured. It produces a smooth, close shave and cuts down shaving time considerably.
Compared to other shavers the Arc5 is easier to use and less likely to hurt your skin.
Wahl Professional 5-Star Series Rechargeable Shaver/Shaper #8547
The Wahl Professional is one shaver that deserves its name, as it is good enough for professional and personal use. The 5 Star Series is engineered for smooth shaving not just on the face but for your neck and head as well.
- This shaver is designed for close shaves and follows the contours of your neck, face and head.
- The 5 Star Series has a hypoallergenic gold foil, which makes it suitable for men with sensitive skin.
- The shaver has a rechargeable battery so its motor keeps going. A single charge allows the shaver to run at top speed for up to 60 minutes.
- The Wahl Professional comes with all the accessories for a comfortable shave. You get the user guide, a cleaning brush, a recharging stand, a wall plug charger, and a foil guard.
- Works great for close shaving
- Powerful shaver often used by barbers
- Holds a longer charge than previous versions
- Quality housing
- Shaver is wide
- The shave is loud
- It is larger than other shavers
Who is it Best For?
The Wahl Professional works well on all skin types, but it is especially effective for black men. Reviews for this shaver prove its efficiency as even barbers use it. Men with sensitive skin have often complained of bumps or a scratchy feel after shaving, but with this shaver, it’s not likely to happen.
Wahl has manufactured a lot of good shavers and the 5 Star Series is a good example. It is easy to use, produces quick results and leaves your face smooth and bump-free. Whatever your skin color is, the Wahl 5 Star Series produces the same, irritation-free results.
So there you have it, the top 3 shavers for black men you can buy today. As you may have already noticed, some shavers just leave your skin irritated, but the three shavers we have reviewed here are the exceptions, as they’ve all designed for close shaving.