Deciding whether to keep a mustache or not can be hard. Either you’re planning to grow a mustache or shave the one that you have. One reason for or against this is some people think mustaches are creepy. So, mustaches are creepy or not? In this article, you’ll find out if keeping mustaches really makes you look creepy or if it’s always cool.
In most cases, people don’t consider mustaches creepy unless it is very large and unsightly or has a weird cut like Hitler for example. Most people don’t consider a well-groomed, shaved mustache creepy, but one that is extremely large, bulgy, and unkempt will definitely be considered creepy.
Let’s get more into this.
Is My Moustache Creepy?
The idea of considering mustaches creepy has come from the men of the late 70’s with thick and waxy hair mustaches.
Among all the facial hairs, mustaches have always been the most famous one and obviously the ultimate sign of masculinity.
However, the new decade has welcomed clean shaves with open arms but that doesn’t mean mustaches are creepy.
Despite being an antiquated hair growth style, they are still the ultimate favorites of many men and an easy plus attractive look to pull at any time.
From movie character villains to old-school bad guys, we have always perceived creepy mustaches as obnoxious facial characters.
Growing a mustache or not depends on your personal preference and interest to maintain it well. But once you’ve found that perfect way to keep a mustache groomed-there’s no way you’re going back.
Not only moustaches are loved and proud of military men but also a great way to spruce up any men’s personality.
Also, having a mustache surprisingly comes with numerous health benefits but the condition is to only have clean mustaches that don’t look creepy.
Benefits of Having a Moustache:
- Reduces Cancer Risk: Recently, many men have been diagnosed with 3rd-degree lip cancer for different reasons. However, having a thick hairy mustache prevents direct and prolonged exposure to sunlight and other UV radiation on the upper lips.
- Fewer Shaving Cuts: Shaving mustaches need less time and effort than shaving a beard that covers your complete face. By shaving less, you ultimately get fewer chances of cuts and nicks with reduced skin issues.
- Attractiveness: Moustaches can naturally bring attractiveness to your face. They amazingly disguise the face symmetry by covering only a small skin portion. Through this, you get prominent chins, jawlines, and other noticeable facial attractiveness.
- Shows Masculinity: Having mustaches is the easiest, most traditional, and winning way to display your masculinity. Also, there are a few amazing mustache styles like handlebars, pencils, and horseshoes mustache to give a try.
Are Moustaches Attractive? How To Make My Moustache Attractive?
However, we cannot bet on the statement that mustaches are attractive but they are not creepy at all.
They can be attractive if you know how to maintain one and can follow a good mustache care regimen in your shaving routine.
Thus, here we have mentioned a few effective tips for maintaining a mustache that doesn’t look creepy in any way.
Carefully go through these tips and get your curiosity fueled to know why most mustaches look creepy.
Keep It Clean:
As mentioned, mustaches are a lot easier to keep clean, neat, and out of infections than beards.
Also, they consume fewer shaving products due to coverage over fewer shaving areas when shaving.
Several ways can keep mustaches fresh and flawless as you see in shaving ads. These include shaving the extra hair growth regularly, drawing outlines to keep it in shape, using quality shaving products, cutting the rough hair from the mustaches, etc.
Know Your Face Shape:
It’s extremely important to know your face shape before styling a mustache. Thick and large Chevron mustaches look scary on an oval face shape.
In contrast, Pencil and Walrus mustache can do wonders in enhancing the other facial characteristics of a triangular face shape.
From long, round, square oval to any face shape or volume, examine your face a little before you go to the barber or style your mustache yourself.
Sparse Your Hair Well:
The truth is that less-sparse hair on a mustache looks comparatively neat and clean plus takes less time and effort to maintain.
It’s easy to grow the hair once you’ve styled them but hard to style once you’ve got irregular and excessive mustache hair growth.
Go with a wide mustache if you need some coverage on the mouth and nose whereas grow a narrow mustache to keep the look light and clean.
Balance the Manly look:
Make sure you have a strict balance with your manly look while growing any type of mustache.
From cowboy to the new-loving modern mustache styles, growing too-manly mustaches can make you look older. Well, this is also one of the reasons that can get you creepy mustaches unintentionally.
What Are Women’s Opinions on Moustaches?
No doubt that mustaches say a lot about a man and play a major role in attracting the opposite gender.
They can add an instant attractive spark to the overall men’s personality without spending much time and money.
However, women have strong opinions on men’s mustaches and how that directly affects their manhood and masculinity.
- Approximately 53.5% of women deeply feel that having mustaches is the easiest way to make a quick sex appeal. Half of these women love men who have stylish mustaches due to the charming vibe they exude. While the rest of them considers mustaches as a sign of classy sophistication for men.
- It’s pretty rare to see men with a well-groomed and modern-style mustache that makes them look unique. In this regard, women feel that mustaches are very helpful in capturing attention and winning over women without trying too hard.
- A bit strange but as per women, mustaches can ingrain a mysterious factor in men of every age. That’s why they find it very hard to know what men with mustaches are up to. However, 72.4%-10.38% of women like this mysteriousness on men’s faces that is due to their mustaches.
- We can’t neglect the fact that women like men, not boys, and a good mustache can add a strong masculinity factor in every male. With giving that manly attitude, a well-groomed mustache also helps you look and sound mature regardless of your age.
- A lot of women are keen to find the sexiest trends in men’s mustaches and try them on their loved men. In contrast, some of them feel mustaches are outdated, the reason for many infections, and a deal-breaker while turning any women on.
What Does a Moustache Say About a Man?
Mustaches have long been associated with masculinity and sometimes even virility. It is often thought that the bigger the mustache, the more masculine a man must be to sport it.
This also goes back into history when facial hair was much more prevalent in certain cultures than in others.
Why Did Mustaches Become Popular?
In the late 1700s, beards fell out of fashion. The Russians did this by making a law about how much it would cost to have a beard.
Mustaches became popular because you could not have a beard.
Deciding that beards were signs of heroes, British men started growing their own.
Are Mustaches Still in Style?
Yes, mustaches are back in style, but as always, people are divided.
Nevertheless, mustaches are still in style even during our time and most men still have them.
Why Are Mustaches Coming Back?
The resurgence of mustaches can be linked to “Movember,” a worldwide, month-long campaign in which people grow their upper-lip hair for charity.
By the end of the article, it’s pretty clear now that mustaches are not creepy but a lot more manly and attractive than clean shaves.
Be it the vintage mustaches from the early 80s or today’s modern mustache types, men with a mustache are definitely a treat to the eye. However, growing a mustache is a fun thing to experiment with in your facial hair and can go a long way if you don’t make mustaches look creepy.